- To identify young talent, strengthen research culture, build capacity, promote innovation and support trans-disciplinary research relevant to national development and to enhance the overall well-being of society.
- To fund high impact national network projects in the identified thrust areas in\ Humanities and human sciences, and Indian knowledge systems.
- It was announced by University Grants Commission (UGC).
- It has 3 components:
- Component 1: Research capacity building in diverse disciplines by mentoring, nurturing and supporting young talents to innovate pragmatic solutions for local, regional, national and global problems. Grant available is upto Rs. 1 crore.
- Component 2: focused on enhancing problem solving skills with the help of inclusive innovation and action research to innovate pragmatic solutions for local, regional, national priorities to contribute to India’s developing economy. Grant upto Rs. 50 lakh to 1 crore is available for projects under this component.
- Component 3: will fund high impact research projects in the identified thrust areas in humanities and human sciences through multi institutional network. Grant available under this component is upto Rs. 1 crore for one Higher Educational Institution and upto Rs. 5 crores for a multi institutional network